Re: [oletrucks] shocks

To: zorro@pop3.kih.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] shocks
From: Cathie Porter <hra602@hra.co.santa-cruz.ca.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 14:00:32 -0800
If it makes you feel any better I took my "new " 59 Apache to the shop
week before last because of an oil leak and the shop replaced the
valvecover gaskets then informed me I needed new motor mounts, front
wheel bearings packed, and front brakes....I spent $$$ on top of the
cost of the truck.  I hate to have to rely on the "word" of a shop even
though they are really great with classic cars but I don't have my
manuals yet (they are in the mail...heard that one before) and I'm
working 2 jobs 7 days a week right now.  I missed the bidding on the
Fleetside emblems on ebay last week because I was home sick and didn't
even turn on my computer until the bidding was over..I'm really
heartbroken as I need one for the right side of my bed.  If anyone has a
connection for these (not reproductions) PLEASE let my know.  Also I
have 2 really dumb questions:  I can't get the interior light above the
rear window to come on and because I have no manual I don't know where
the switch is for it ( actually there are 2 switches on the bottom of
the dash but they don't seem to do anything that I know of yet) or how
to get it to come on (not a new bulb prob) there are 2 lights under the
hood that I can't get to come on either or find the connection.  I'm
hoping it is a minor problem (hopefully not wiring) and I'm just not
looking in the right places.  Thanks, Cathie....can't wait for those
darn manuals!!!!!!