Re: [oletrucks] brake lines

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, dave riffel <cafe_dave@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] brake lines
From: Alan Gingles <agingles@nucleus.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 13:42:31 -0800
dave riffel wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Quick question about brake lines.  With a firewall mount booster I've
> noticed that most trucks have a small group of spirals in the brake
> lines near the master.  What is the function of these spirals and are
> they necessary.  I'm plumbing the brakes on the '50 this weekend and I'm
> just wondering whether to include the spirals or not.  Thanks,
>
> Dave Riffel

Hi Dave,

They are there for a bit of "give" when the chassis flexes. You don't
have to have them, but you should have a way of permitting a bit of flex
in the lines. There's a pic on one of my pages that shows how we did
mine. They come off the cyclinder, make a 90 degree turn to the rear,
then head own over the fenderwell with a curve to match the inner
fender. This gives enough room for them to flex. Hope this helps!

Alan Gingles
1948 Chevy 1314
http://ww.nucleus.com/~agingles