Re: [oletrucks] Qustions on my 51 chevy

To: rsmith@nckcn.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Qustions on my 51 chevy
From: zorro@pop3.kih.net
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 12:49:42 +0000
> I have a few questionds for anyone who can help.  I'm pretty sure I have a
> 51 3100 which is a half ton.  correct?  I called for a restoration pack and
> they didn't seem to think the numbers I gave them were the serial numbers.
> It was 5JP-L 3999.  Does this sound right?

        I was told the same thing when I called for a restoration package [that
my
        numbers didn't come up as a valid serial number]..  But when I looked
it up
        once I got the datasheets, It seems fairly easy to decypher. The
package
        {while being interesting and informative} was generic for my truck, so
the
        effect of the lady I called not acknowledging my serial number was of
no real
        consequence.

        Bert {58 Apache - hopefully to on the road this century}
http://members.tripod.com/~Chevy_Apache_1958