Re: [oletrucks] strange noise

To: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] strange noise
From: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 20:23:56 -0500
Smokey, I'm sure not much of a mechanic, but one comment I would make about
the noise you mentioned....it may be the timing gear.  My '47 has a '56 235
in it and was making a whirring noise.  When I had it checked out by a
couple of older mechanics, they said it was the timing gear.  Said not to
worry, it's no big deal.  Don't know if your situation is the same, but you
may want to check to see.
Tom Caperton
'47 2nd 3100