RE: [oletrucks] RE: Drivetrain Vibration

To: "Oletrucks-email list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] RE: Drivetrain Vibration
From: "Andrew Thor" <AndrewThor@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 15:31:45 -0600
My 56-3200 has had a vibration between 50-53 MPH since I have rebuilt it.
Worse at deceleration but always through that range up or down.  Now I
thought it was since I put in a different rear end and 350 automatic
transmission. It also has a new driveshaft, new u-joints, new brake drums,
new tires and wheels and I have played with the pinion angle until I could
scream. I think it wound up 3.9 degrees down from the transmission and 4.0
degrees up at the pinion. The rear end and axles were completely redone. It
is smooth as glass at any other speed just shakes in that 50-53 MPH range no
matter what.  I have put over 5000 miles on it so far and no changes or
problems.  It would be nice to correct I just don't operate at that speed
range if I can help it.

Andy 56-3200

FWIW, My 55 TF sub REALLY doesn't like ~45-~53 MPH, even after new front
and rear bearings, rear seal, u-joints, front yoke, and a balanced
driveshaft.  Rattle and hum.. one of those things I meant to put to the
group one of these days to see if anybody's had similar experiences and was
able to find anything to fix it.