Re: [oletrucks] Tires: Bias ply vs. Radial?

To: TomGreer@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Tires: Bias ply vs. Radial?
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 23:25:22 -0500
I found that nothing would keep my truck tracking straight until I put on
radials.
I used to get nervous when another vehicle approached on a bumpy back road
because
I never knew where my truck would be going or if I could correct it in time. 235
75 15's are about the right dia. but required some armstrong steering when
parking. I found a pair of  R7.00 15's at a junkyard,  they look great and
solved
the armstrong steering problem. Trouble is I can't find them new anywhere.
Bottom line is I will put up with armstrong steering for the benefits in
handling
any day.

Grant 50 3100