[oletrucks] Radiator Size for a 49 AD

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Radiator Size for a 49 AD
From: Bennett Ratliff <Bennett@HUNTPROP.COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 08:52:01 -0600
In the process of rebuilding my engine and took my radiator to the local
radiator shop to be pressure tested, cleaned and painted and got some
BAD news.  Seems the old farmer who owned it last was very creative with
some caulk and who knows what else to stop some leaks and as a result
the old radiator can't be saved.  Good news though, fellow rebuilder
Brad Newman (the guage rebuilder from recent postings) had an extra
radiator from a parts truck that may work.  Problem is that it is
slightly bigger than the one coming out of the truck.  Question - Can I
replace my original radiator with the other one?

The original radiator has the markings R11A / 52A / 3128515 and measures
20"W x 3"D x 24"H

The replacement radiator has the markings R11A / 52E / 3128515 and
measures 20"W x 3"D x 26"H

The mounting holes appear to match pretty close to each other but I am
concerned that the extra height will not work under the hood once I
reassemble the truck.  Looking for some input before I either have this
one rehabilitated ($65) or buy a new one ($215).

Bennett Ratliff
Coppell, Texas
'49 AD 3100 - Pile of Parts working towards the 4th of July Parade