[oletrucks] removel of rear leaf springs

To: jrdunn@erols.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] removel of rear leaf springs
From: FRVT83E@prodigy.com ( MIKE BOTELER)
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 22:31:51, -0500
>>There is a grease fitting at the end and a small nut that looks
like it's not holding anything in place. Any help would be
appreciated
Jim and Dave
Smithsburg, Md.<<

Jim and Dave, the rear spring front pin is locked into place with a
wedge bolt.  Remove the grease fitting, then the nut and drive the
wedge bolt back out.....then drive the shackle pin out!  The pin has
a flat spot on it that the wedge bolt locks against to keep it from
spinning or falling out.

Where is Smithsburg, Md.?  I'm in Hughesville,MD  (Charles Co.) and
my son and I are building a '56 3100 for him to drive.

Good Luck!

Mike B. '56 8400 Wrecker  :)