[oletrucks] RE: '55-First Question

To: "Nilknarf Nworb" <frankdebgen@dynasty.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] RE: '55-First Question
From: "Ron Ramirez" <mrphilco@mail.wko.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 20:13:40 -0000
-----Original Message-----
From: Nilknarf Nworb [mailto:frankdebgen@dynasty.net]
Sent: Sunday, 14 February, 1999 4:25 AM
To: mrphilco@mail.wko.com
Subject: '55-First Question

> Thanks for a great website! I have really enjoyed it.  I love old
> Chevy trucks and cars.  My first car was a '40 Chevy 4-door with a >
> 216.  I really like chevy 6s.
> My last project/ toy was a 1955 First Series 3/4 ton Pickup.  The
> motor had been replaced by a later one (59?).  That motor had a
> cracked head. I gathered parts out/off of 235s from '53 to ? to make
> a running engine. I've read some about these engines from books,
> catalogs from Jim Carter's and Patrick's, and magazines such as
> Classic Auto Restorer, but I am still confused.  Here's my question:
>
> Did the '55-First pickups have the same 235 engine as the '54 (high >
water pump...), or was it the same as '55 cars (low water pump)? Or
> did the low water pump come later?
> Maybe someone could address/answer this on the site.  Thanks!

Hi Frank. Glad you like the site. I do not know about the 235, but I highly
recommend that if you have not done so already, to sign up for the oletrucks
mailing list. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on the list, and you
would be able to find an answer to just about any question you would have
about a 1941-59 Chevy or GMC truck.

Details for signing up are on the Chevytrucks website.
--
Ron Ramirez - mrphilco@mail.wko.com - Madisonville, KY
Webmeister of www.chevytrucks.org