RE: [oletrucks] Rear end ratios (again)

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Rear end ratios (again)
From: sheldon <sheldon@ssmachine.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 16:31:04 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From:   Kevin Lake [SMTP:lakek@oit.edu]
Sent:   Thursday, March 11, 1999 8:32 AM
To:     Paul W. Franchina; oletrucks

  That's also the ratio I have in 3 rear ends and 1 front end  (did they
make anything else?) As far as town and highway driving.... what kind of
engine?  A nicely built 327, balanced and such 3.90 is great for
highway.... I drove mine from Portland OR to Dallas Tx (and back again)
Held it at about 80mph for hours on end!  (oooh the good old days).

  Sheldon Schmidt '56 4x4

That's the gears that my truck has.  I haven't driven it yet, so I can't
tell you if they would be good on the highway, but they should be great in
town.

Kevin Lake 56 napco/burb GMC