Re: [oletrucks] Trucks: rear gear set up

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Trucks: rear gear set up
From: Wayne Osborne <wcosborne@inetnow.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 09:36:56 -0500
Roger,
   The April 99 issue of Truckin's Classic Truck has an excellent article
on rear end gearing and rebuilding. Also setting up the lash and shims,
figuring out ratios with equations with relationship to tire diameters.
Pretty good article.....
wayne
At 09:20 AM 3/10/99 -500, you wrote:
>Does anyone know where I could find an article with pics on how to
>install new rear end gears???  More particularly...what function does
>the crush sleeve do? Anyone have any hints on how to get the shims
>right? Any help appreciated...I don't believe this is all that
>difficult to install... Any special tools req'd.? Do I have to install
>the crush sleeve when checking shim/gear clearances?
>rogerg
>51-3100 AD Stocker

---------
                 http://www.chevytrucks.org/users/wayne
For a quick view of oletrucks mailing list members trucks go to:
         http://www.chevytrucks.org/users/wayne/member.html