Re: [oletrucks] POWER STEERING

To: "Wayne Osborne" <wcosborne@inetnow.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] POWER STEERING
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 23:14:50 -0800
I think for aftermarket kits, you are correct that they would be the same.
As for "stock" power steering, I think GMC used an entirely different unit
than Chevy did.  The few that I have seen used a large (BIG) power assisted
steering box similar to what more modern vehicles use.  I don't remember
Chevy's setup looking like that.  Does anybody have "stock" power steering
on their truck?  I may be able to dig up a picture of the GMC setup, but
the Chevy setup escapes me.  I know that I have seen one, but I don't
remember what it looks like.

Kevin Lake 56 napco/burb GMC