Re: [oletrucks] Rust

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Rust
From: "A. Puttsky" <ibme@rocketmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 08:08:43 -0800 (PST)
With all of these 'rust convertors', I have been seeing mention
of 'painting' over the converted area.
I have some rust area that is 'pitted'. Would I be able to
'convert' the area with one of these products...then put Bondo
or 'glas over it? to allow blending and surface matching?
Always,
TIA
Al

> I have used the product he mentions called Extend. I've never
used
> the POR 15 that has been discussed on the list before, but I
don't see
> how it can work much better than the Extend

(snip)

> > some areas less damaged I cleaned up the loose scale and
treated
> > it with Extend. Its another of those that turn the base
metal and remaining
> > rust black, reportedly "bonding" the metal and hard rust
together.
> > Its rock hard and paintable after drying

(snip snip)