[oletrucks] NAPCO mirrors?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] NAPCO mirrors?
From: BMORRI1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 11:25:06 EST
Hello all,
My 1958 Chevy NAPCO has a very interesting set of outside mirrors on it.  The
support arms look exactly like other factory examples I've seen; however,
there is an additional vertical support piece that extends downward from the
main support and screws to the door with two additional screws.  The main
support attaches in the normal manor with three screws and a gasket under the
triangular mounting pad.  The additional vertical support attaches with two
screws and another gasket under a rectangular mounting pad.  The additional
support is welded to the main support and the whole assembly is painted black.
This is on an unrestored truck that is mostly unmodified.

The guy I bought it from said they were special mirrors that were put on the
4-wheel drive trucks because of the rough terrain they were likely to
encounter; however, I know this must not be universally true.  I've never seen
mirrors like these on other trucks...have any of you all seen these?  They
certainly do look like factory pieces.  Maybe they were an option on these
trucks?

BTW, thank you Stan, Kevin and Bob for your input regarding the NAPCO hub
caps...interesting info indeed.

Brian Morrison