Re: [oletrucks] dash painting

To: Truckexprt@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] dash painting
From: Thomas Allen <thomasa@halcyon.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 10:49:39 -0800
The dash and glovebox door on my 51 3800 are both painted a lighter color
than the dash with a stailness strip running above and below the speaker
grill. The ribs are painted, not bright on both the grill and door. The
door is painted stainless with the top and bottom strips bright, continuing
the stainless line from the speaker grill. I've owned the truck nearly 30
years and have no reason to believe that the dash was painted before I got it.

-Tom Allen

At 09:19 PM 3/4/99 -0500, Truckexprt@aol.com wrote:
>Bob,
>   The glove box door is stainless steel on the 50 chevy.  Are you saying
that
>the raised ribbed areas were stainless steel & not painted silver to look the
>same as the ribbs on the dash. I would think they should look the same all
>across the dash. I will definitely  research this to better my knowledge of
>classic trucks. I am always interested in learning more about all types of
>classic cars and trucks. Thanks for the responce.
>
>Kelly
>58 stepside

Tom Allen
Seattle, WA