Re: [oletrucks] 1957 Chevrolet Panel Side Windows

To: "Terry" <ace0027@ibm.net>, <oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1957 Chevrolet Panel Side Windows
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 15:17:01 -0800
I agree that customs generally do bring more money.  Although, a very good
restoration will bring good money too.  It also depends on the type of car
you are talking about.  A customized Ferrari Lusso would probably not bring
much at auction, but a premium restoration with an interesting history will
put you into the stratosphere (monetarily, say $500K+).  A stock condition
#1 34 F#%d coupe might bring $10-15K, while a nicely done custom can bring
$25K+.  I like them both.  I even like the mild customs and the drivers
(what mine will be).  It's all in what you want to do.

Kevin Lake 56 napco/burb GMC