[oletrucks] Tools

To: "Old Truckers" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Tools
From: "W&D" <haist@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 18:30:25 -0800
>Does anyone know if the truck tool kit is available from any of the
vendors?

Jim Carter and a few others have  the reproduction pouch that the tools were
carried in.  He also includes full size drawings of each tool so you can
start your search at swap meets, junk shops, etc.

I have collected one complete set for my '46 and am about 50% on another.

Also, there is a guy that advertises in the Generator & Distributor (the
VCCA Magazine).  He has a small book on all the correct tools during the
various years they were included with the vehicles.  Chevrolet contracted
with two manufacturers for their tools.  This book tells how to identify
the correct tools.

BTW, the tool kits were only included for a few years in the early '50's.
They were optional accessory items for a years or two after that, but demand
was so weak that they dropped them all together after that.

Group member George La Fountaine has some photos of my tools.  When I hear
back from him, I'll put the pictures on the web.

E-mail me directly if you have particular tool questions.  I'm not an
expert, but know something about it.

Whitney Haist
Orinda, CA
'46 Pickup and a '55-1 Panel