Re: [oletrucks] AD Hood Trim Confusion

To: <Hudson29@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] AD Hood Trim Confusion
From: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 21:31:49 -0500
Paul, Chevy Duty has a section on their webpage entitled, "What Year Is My
Truck?"  The info in this section says that Chevy started using the number
designations in "late 1949", and stopped using them in 1952.  Nothing is
mentioned about some models not having the numbers.  Probably, some PO
swapped the hood.  My '47 has a column shift...and nothing I can find says
that the column shift was offered before 1948.  I think for many years,
there were not many suppliers for these old trucks.  I think people just
went to the junkyards and got whatever they could find....from any year
available.  Nice thing about your truck, you can use a drill...and the right
holes will miraculously appear in your hood!  :-D
Tom Caperton
'47 2nd 3100