Re: [oletrucks] 5 speed trans

To: "Chris Dillon" <dillo021@tc.umn.edu>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 5 speed trans
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 10:13:46 -0800
I think you are correct about the BW T-5 tranny.  All of the ones I have
seen have had an OD 5th. gear.  They used them in just about anything that
had a 5-speed in the 80's.  Chevy (S-10, Camaro, and possibly any rear
drive GM),  GMC (S-15, and Jimmy), F#%d (Mustang, Capri, T-bird, etc.) ,
and I think even Jeep and a Do#ge or two.

Kevin Lake 56 napco/burb GMC

> From: Chris Dillon <dillo021@tc.umn.edu>
> Cc: oletrucks@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 5 speed trans
> Date: Tuesday, March 02, 1999 8:42 AM
>
> I think that all the Borg-Warner T-5 the common 5 speed in most S-10 and
> Camaros/Firebirds of the 80's are 4 + 1 Transmittions so that 5th is
> overdrive.  The other option for reducing RPM's is using the old
BorgWarner