Re: [oletrucks] Interior colors - '49 3100

To: TomGreer@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Interior colors - '49 3100
From: Brad Newman <bkn@cyberramp.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 07:21:33 -0600
TomGreer@aol.com wrote:

> Does anyone know the stock colors for the inside cab components (49
> 3100,
> forest green exterior):
> Headliner (Brown or black, or gray?)
> Door panels (Maroon or Brown or black?)
> Interior paint (mushroom metallic? - are there any stock lacquers
> available in
> a spray can?  I found Derusto /DAP #616 bronze that looks pretty darn
> close.
> Anything better out of a can?)
> Seat cover (Black, brown or ?)
>
> I just ordered the repro. sales brochure (which I hope will have this
> info),
> but I'm getting ANXIOUS.  Y'all know how that goes...
>
> thanks in advance!
>
> Tom
> '49 deluxe 3100
> 1959

   Tom
I also have a 49 3100 (5 window), and have spent the last year trying to
find answers to the same questions. Here is what I found:

The stock cab color was the same on all AD's from 47-53, which was the
metallic goldish bronze that you describe. I have never seen it in a
spray can, but you can get it by the quart at both Chevy duty and Jim
Carters. The steering wheel and steering column were both painted a
darker, non metallic brownish color, which again comes in quart sizes
from various suppliers.
As for headliners, all I have ever been able to find on them was in
brown. My 49 had what I believe was the original headliner in it when I
got it (if not, it was a VERY old replacement), and it was brown.
The "standard" issue color for door panels, seat covers and the arm rest
(if so equipped) was maroon, just like the knobs in the cab. What I
don't know is if other colors were an option. I have poured over every
piece of literature that I have, and cant answer that question. Maybe
someone on the list has the answer.
Hope this helps
Brad