newsletters

Re: UK Editors

To: "newsletters@autox.team.net" <newsletters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: UK Editors
From: Loren Williams <lsw@southwind.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 06:34:00 -0500
Martin Carter wrote:

> Is there any subscribers from the UK.  It would be nice to exchange ideas
> etc.

Haven't heard from any UK folks yet, but I'm sure our American ideas shouldn't
be too far off the mark.

> I have been the editor of several club news letters and have felt that I am
> always on my own, very few members send in articles so I end up scrathing
> around trying to find things to include.  The internet has opened up a new
> source of information but I would like to know of any interesting and
> informative sites.

Yes, it's hard to get people to write articles.  In my club, we "require" that
each event's chairman submit (whether they write it or not) an article on the
event.  We also have a couple of regulars who submit interesting articles.

You can find a lot on the internet, and it's usually not a problem to get
permission to print it.  Just go surfing for clubs that do what yours does (or
what you want yours to do), a lot of clubs have their newsletters online, and
a lot of them have good reference material online that can be borrowed.  For
instance, I printed the "Physics of Racing" series of articles last year and a
lot of people enjoyed it. (the rest of us were just confused)

> I hope to  update our web page soon and would like to include some links.
> Any suggestions.

Feel free to use anything that's on my site, but I'd rather you didn't link to
it.  We're trying to keep traffic down to local folks who actually have
something to do with our local club as much as possible.

> Martin Carter
> President CAAR GB
> www.caargb.tgis.co.uk
> Don't just polish it - USE IT!

Good slogan!

--

          Loren Williams - #59 CSP-light 1994 Saturn SC2
   Homepage (Who Cares?) - http://www2.southwind.net/~lsw