newsletters

Fonts

To: newsletters@autox.team.net
Subject: Fonts
From: KHoward313@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 22:40:08 EDT
Hi Fellow Editors,
If you haven't been to the Chank Fonts Web Site I suggest you take a look.
They were written up in the Wall Street Journal a few months ago as a source
of unique and original font styles.  Most of these are sold for a tidy sum,
intended for ad agencies, etc.,  and out of our budgets.  But they regularly
offer free, sample fonts,some quite unique.  I downloaded some a few months
ago, and when checking the site a few days ago, found out they had quite a few
new ones available for free . . . about 20 to 25 styles.  These appear to be
submissions from various font designers that were rejected as saleable so they
give them away for free.  Some are pretty weird, but some are quite good, and
usable for headings, etc.

The web site can be found at:  www.chank.com.

For the record, I never heard of them before reading about them in the WSJ and
have no interest in them in any way.  Just thought it a source in which fellow
editors might be interested.

Kent D. Howard
Editor, The Coventry Commentator
Vintage Triumphs of Wisconsin