newsletters

BCW Story For Newsletters

To: Newsletters@autox.team.net
Subject: BCW Story For Newsletters
From: Trmgafun <Trmgafun@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 20:27:08 EST
Greetings,

Several weeks back, I sent a story that I adapted from another story, to
several of the SOL lists, as a promotion for British Car Week.  At first it
was just for fun, but soon after I sent it out, I had several requests from
people who wanted to use the story in their club newsletters.  The story is an
adaptation of The Station, by the late Robert W. Hastings, but geared toward
the promotion of little British cars.  I figured that if it were to be used in
club newsletters, I should seek approval (probably should have done so in the
first place, but that's another story).

After some searching and the help of one of our list members, I was able to
track down the owners of this story.  I was told that if I submit my version
of the story to them, and explain how it was going to be used, they would
review it and get back with me to let me know whether I could or could not use
it.

Today, I recieved the reply from the publishers, along with papers that I need
to sign, if I agree to the terms.  I was told that I could use my version of
the story as I had indicated in my letter to them.  In my letter, I seeked
approval to use the story for promotional purposes, in various "non profit"
club newsletters spread around the United States, as well as on the BCW web
page, for the year 1998.  The fee to use my adaptation of the material as I
have stated above, is $70.

I can send this story to those of you who are interested in using it in your
club newsletter(s) to help promote British Car Week.  All I am asking is that
you contribute a small donation to help me cover the cost of this.  I am
asking that those who are interested, please send me $5 as a donation, along
with a snail mail address or an e-mail address to send it to.   If there is
not enough interest, I'll eat the rest of the cost.  If there is more than
enough interest (gee wouldn't that be nice?), the excess will go into the BCW
fund for future endeavors.

Think about it....it's great filler material for your newsletter, and it's for
a very good cause!!

Thanks,

Scott Helms - Trmgafun@aol.com
Northern Indiana
Member: AHCOA, AHCUSA, NAMGAR, Michiana Brits
Past member of VTR and hope to be again....

P.S.  I'm sure there are some of you who have not seen or don't remember the
story.  In that case, I can e-mail it to you to view.