newsletters

Re: Beaulieu

To: miniparts@mail.databasen.se
Subject: Re: Beaulieu
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 17:15:49 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

Just for yucks... I'm pretty sure that Beaulieu (sorry about the
spelling) is held on the same weekend that we celebrate "Labor Day" in
the 'States. It's some sort of "bankers' holiday" in the UK.

FWIW, if any of you ever travel to the UK at that time of the year,
there's something going on at just about every hamlet on the island. I
went to three or four of the "Historic Britain" properties that weekend
several years ago, and they all had some kind of event going on. I recall
that Chatsworth House (I think) had a country faire and when I arrived
there were stunt planes flying overhead. LBC Content: one
plane had MG-F markings and the other had Lucas markings... and I had to
park on the flight line. Talk about "living dangerously".

later,
rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |