Re: PAUL KELLY

To: morris_motors@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: PAUL KELLY
From: MorrisMinor1000@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 21:53:25 EDT
In a message dated 8/11/2007 7:24:42 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
rfeibusch1@earthlink.net writes:

Rick,
One of my transmission conversion kits from the 70's on eBay

Paul  Kelly

Shortcut  to:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MORRIS-MINOR-DATSUN-GEARBOX-CONVERSION-SUIT-1275-ENGI
NE_W0QQitemZ220139039112QQihZ012QQcategoryZ102321QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcm
dZViewItem

Dear Paul:

I admire your engineering!

One of these days I want to travel to your country, buy one those  cool chop
top Morris coupes I have seen you build in photos and go on a drive  about.
I want to put on a train to cross the country and then bring it  home on a
boat. My version of a car-safari...

After thirty years of dodgy gearboxes I decided to face one of  my fears...
My son Austin read from the book while I took apart a smooth  case.  We even
had a blow up of the diagram from the service manual. It all  went like  clock
work. So I took another apart on my own... Last night I  dreamed about the
re- assembly only 205 parts I think I can manage  it.

My last gear boxes fiasco went like this: I  was chasing parts for someone I
thought was a friend. He was rebuilding one at  his shop for his customer & he
agreed to rebuild 2 gear boxes for me as  well. I would have to track down
the parts for my boxes too.

He finished his Job for his customer.  One week later he  handed the two gear
boxes back, apart in a box, charged me for disassembly and  said he had no
time to put them back together. I was pissed to say the  least...

It was suggested to me that he had built one box out three using my  boxes
for the bits he needed?

I decided I would rather screw it up my self than be cheated.

We are having a transmission party and I have a few old timers  dropping by
who have done it before. This fiasco should end up being  fun.

Good luck with the E-bay sale

Randolph Williams
1310 827  2727
http://members.aol.com/dolphnx