Re: BMW wheel appoicability

To: David Kernberger <dkern@napanet.net>
Subject: Re: BMW wheel appoicability
From: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 15:59:16 -0700
You're thinking of the 100mm 4 bolt pattern. 4 inches equals
101.6" ... close and can be done, but the (tapered) lugs nuts will be
off their seat a bit at best. Best way is to get offset lug nut
inserts or  have the holes oval-ed and use shanked lug nuts. This
should be done professionally to make sure the wheel is absolutely
centered. The next issue is offset and width. I don't think you can
go much wider than 5.5 inches (maybe 6" on a ute)

Gerard