Re: Hardtop

To: "Paul Asgeirsson" <pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Hardtop
From: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net (Richard Feibusch)
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 09:51:19 -0700
>Hi Rick,
>
>Know of any Morris hard tops for sale that have been made to fit a Morris
>Tourer?
>
>Have a customer who would like to get one.
>
>Later, Paul A
Paul,

I've seen it done but all have been rather crude - The best I saw was on an MM
in the UK. The owner built a frame for the rear side windows and shortened them
a bit.  They then were permanently attatched to the top and set up to fit
snugly along the window sill.

He also made a pair of removable solid glass side curtains out of Minor 1000
ragtop windows and the car had a line of upholstery snaps just under the
windows that went from door to door around the back so he could fit a full back
seat toneau cover in tan canvas. outside of the snaps, it looked like a stock,
black MM saloon with the top up - I never saw it with the top down but I did
see a picture and it looked great with the toneau in place. Would have looked
better still without the front window frames!

Cheers,

Rick