z20s in Morris Minor

To: morris@autox.team.net, morrisminorpower@yahoogroups.com
Subject: z20s in Morris Minor
From: "M D \"Doc\" Nugent" <docnugent@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 02:49:36 -0800 (PST)
I bought a 1981 Datsun 510 station wagon (estate)
Friday and will use its drivetrain, gauges, tires (if
I go with 13" wheels), and maybe front suspension and
seats in my '50 Minor (see URL in signature).

The 510 has an engine used only in North American
models, the Z20S - 2.0 liter SOHC, with crossflow
head, carb, twin coils and two sparkplugs per
cylinder. Per request from The Missus, it has an
automatic transmission. Unlike earlier (1st
generation) 510's, it does not have IRS, an advantage
when using the MM rear springs. Anyway, this one is
pretty peppy and doesn't burn oil although it has high
mileage.

Don't suppose anyone else is using this engine in a MM
. . . ?

M D "Doc" Nugent
http://www.carcentric.com/1950MorrisMinor.htm
Renton, WA (USA)