the major minor project has begun!

To: morris@autox.team.net, morrisminors@smartgroups.com
Subject: the major minor project has begun!
From: "Germball Eugene" <jfryjfry@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 16:02:04 -0800
Well, I think I am getting all of the posts, and there aren't many, so I
thought I'd throw in what I am up to.

I just bought a 59 2-door sedan, and am getting ready for a major project
with it. because I don't have a donor vehicle for a chassis and drive train,
I decided to chop it.

In 4 hours today, my dad and I did about 75% of the roof. it is looking
sweet!!!

Bradley Miller has one that is chopped and it looks pretty sweet. I am
chopping mine 4" and i don't think you would wantto go any lower than that.
in fact, i wouldn't mind it being maybe 1/2-1" higher, but i figure if i am
going through the trouble to chop, might as well chop a lot!

so we did a pretty good job of cutting the c-pillar to mate up good, that
was my biggest concern. we are splitting the roof laterally (left-to right)
right above the driver's head and putting an appx. 5" wide section in to
fill the gap. the section is coming from a donor roof from a sedan a friend
chopped off to make a convertible.

actually, if anyone else needs a section of roof for a project, let me know.
also, it is from an earlier, split window car, so the rear window is a bit
smaller. if anyone wants it, i am not going to use it, so let me know.

I figure one day to finish the roof, and a day each on the doors and I will
have a nice little chopped minor. it is going to look SWEET when it is
dropped with this 10" windshield. =)

Jeremy in socal