Source for leather seats

To: morris@autox.team.net
Subject: Source for leather seats
From: mga <mga@napanet.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 23:03:00 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

I have a 1959 Riley 1.5 sedan.  Car is in OK condition, but the leather
seats are very deteriorated.  I have been having much difficulty finding a
source for the correct leather for the seats.  They are two-colour- light
grey and bright red.  The red I can match, but the grey is almost
impossible.  Did BMC use these same colours of leather on the Morris Minor
line of cars or any other line that is more common than the Riley?

I have probably looked at 40 or 50 grey leather samples and none are even
close to the grey that's on the car.  I'd like to match the original so that
the seats will not clash with the rest of the car's vinyl upholstery that is
also this colour of grey.

Can anyone advise me on this?

Thank you.

Don Scott