NAME THAT CAR - "ENZMANN"

To: (Recipient list suppressed)
Subject: NAME THAT CAR - "ENZMANN"
From: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net (Richard Feibusch)
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 19:04:53 -0700
Listers,

And the winner came in from Kit Foster:

I would say it's the same one described and pictured here:

http://members.aol.com/commongear/FeaturePhoto11.html

Kit Foster

*****************************

First Runner-up:

Zak McGregor

Subject: Re: NAME THAT CAR!!!!!!!!

Swiss Enzmann 506? http://www.enzmann-506.ch/

Ciao
Zak

It is Swiss (yea, that's what they all say!) and VERY, VERY rare.
This is the first paragraph of the site Kit sent us tres cool!!!!

Cheers,

Rick Feibusch
Venice, CA

"The Lost Enzmann,"

as it appeared at the 1987 Holbert's VW Octoberfest in Warrington, PA

As per a broadcast e-mail from Fullerton, CA-based "West Coast Classics"
proprietor Lenny Copp (lenny@classicvws.com) dated 11/16/2001,

A very rare VW-based sports car has been acquired by a well-known (also
CA-based) enthusiast of rare VW-based sports cars--none other than Joe "Mr.
Okrasa" Ruiz. Quoting from Lenny's letter: "...Here is another cool car
just found and bought by Mr. Okrasa Man this is cool...The Enzmann is so
rare!!...The Enzmann family say its the only sliding hardtop ever made!!
And it has only 5,600km original!! Move over George Jetson!!! Just click on
this... http://classicvws.com/cars/enzm.htm...";

********************************

looks like a lightly modified Race-Version of the Porsche 1600 ... maybe a
356 A ? ... it seems to look alike, beside the traffic indicaters, they are
round, but the Porsche had ones in the form of a ractangle.

Hr. Porsche invented the 1st VW, and his 1st Porsche was based on the VW
Beatle. ... The lights are typical for an 'early' Porsche.

But I am not sure. Look for your self:

http://www.atalante-models.com/porsche/porsche4.JPG

http://images.google.at/images?hl=de&lr=&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&q=Porsche+1600
mfg
christian.redl@aon.at
Austria/Europe
********************************

 Denzel is correct where did he get this car?

Alvin (TopDogRover)

***********************************

Rick,
This won't be a lot of help, but it might be another clue.  I saw a boxier
homebuilt car that had the same type of scoops on the sides.  It had the VW
engine mounted in front of the transaxle.  I suspect the car you are asking
about is a kit (or a one-off) with a mid-mounted engine, obviously based on
a VW donor.  I'd like to have either of the cars in that photo.  Too bad all
of my money is tied up in Minors.

Rick Nelson

************************************

Rick, wasn't there a Brazilian VW "sports car" in the 1960s or 1970s? Looks
like this might be one of those, but I don't (sadly) have time to search
for that today, and I can't for the life of me remember what they called it
(Puma or something like that, maybe)?

--Andy Mace

> white VW based coupe on the right
> of the picture