Fuel Cap

To: morris@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Cap
From: Kevin Wayne Williams <kww@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:08:23 -0700
Someone decided that the nice shiny fuel cap on my Morris Minor pickup was
pretty, and stole it. Strangely enough, Stant actually lists an application
for the Morris Minor, but the cap they list doesn't fit.

My truck needs one about 2" across, with tabs pointing inwards towards the
center of the circle. Is this a stock MM cap, or has the previous owner
customised my fuel filler? I asked him, but he doesn't remember.

Right now, I am using a radiator cap. It fits, but "DO NOT OPEN WHEN HOT"
looks very strange on a gas tank.

Thanks,
  KWW