Transporter vehicles

To: morrisminors@smartgroups.com
Subject: Transporter vehicles
From: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net (Richard Feibusch)
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 13:03:20 -0700
Listers,

Here in the States, people seem to use full truck chassis from something
like a Toyota or full-size Chevy and drop older truck cabs on them -
There's a guy down here who put a 1952 Chevy 3/4 ton cab on a Chevy
Suburban frame with w stakeside flatbed.  Bruce Wyman (of Morriservice
Morris Minor semi and dirt track racer fame)and Ray Wakefield (built a
Minor business coupe with a short top and long bootlid!) shortened a late
Chevy pickup chassis, bolted in IROC Camero power and put a stock faded
original paint 1949 Studebaker pickup body on it! There is another guy down
here in LA who dropped a 1932 Ford pickup cab and a flatbed on a 1992 V6
Toyota Tacoma chassis. Using a complete chassis saves on engineering time
and is easier to repair and get parts.

For anyone interested, I can send a jpeg of Wyman's latest truck project -
An art deco 1937 Diamond T 1-ton cab mounted on a frame that is a
combination of the complete front suspension, steering, brakes, 454 V8
engine and TH400 trans from a Suburban welded onto the Diamond T's front
frame that is grafted to the rear frame and dualy rear axel and suspension
from a GMC motorhome!!! This will become a 1 ton pickup but would make a
super car hauler.

Cheers,

Rick Feibusch
Venice, CA.