Re: Bonnet Hardware

To: <wct@olg.com>
Subject: Re: Bonnet Hardware
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 10:55:05 -0800
Bill,

Check this out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1811027743

That still leaves you needing the crosspiece that is attached to the edges
of the bonnet but that can be faked with a simple piece of flat stock.  I am
also missing that particular piece but have the other bits.  I removed
everything from the inside of the bonnet until I could get around to
fabricating the crosspiece.  It has been 6 months now and I have seen no
problem with leaving the entire mass of stuff off the car.  Maybe the Datsun
motor is just too smooth to shake the bonnet but I see no vibration,
shaking, juddering, tap dancing or any hint that it is actually needed.
Until I see some problem or hear a really good horror story, I plan on
leaving all that stuff hanging on the garage wall.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye
'59 Morris Traveller (Winifred)