Re: narrow tires

To: <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, <morris@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: narrow tires
From: "Phil E G Plumbe" <plumby@alphalink.com.au>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 20:15:25 +1100 (AUS Eastern Daylight Time)
Can't you get 155 x14 Michelins there? They come off Renaults from the 19=
70
s and 80's, but these may have been pretty rare cars with you............=
=2E.!=0D
=0D
Phil Plumbe=0D
Surrey Hills,=0D
Melbourne, Australia=0D
=0D
-------Original Message-------=0D
=0D
From: Glen Byrns=0D
Date: Tuesday, 26 February 2002 07:53:43 AM=0D
To: morris@autox.team.net=0D
Subject: narrow tires=0D
=0D
After much calling around, I've located some "Federal" radials, 165 65 R1=
4
as=0D
potential replacements for my wife's Traveller. At $34.95 each, looks lik=
e a=0D
bargain. Does anyone have experience with these tires and will they be=0D
suitable on the stock Morris rims? The 175s on her now look like clown sh=
oes=0D
though they actually ride nicely on the freeway. Bear in mind that the ca=
is=0D
driven gently, NO hotrodding.=0D
=0D
Glen Byrns=0D
'59 bugeye=0D
'59 Morris Traveller=0D
=2E

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/gif]