Brake Master Cylinder Rebuild Suggestions

To: morris@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake Master Cylinder Rebuild Suggestions
From: BillSvale@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 01:43:27 EST
Dear list members:  I am trying to interpret the brake master cylinder
rebuild instructions in the Morris Minor Haynes manual and can't quite figure
out how the forward most metal washer labeled "Valve washer" fits together
with the other parts.  Does the rubber "valve cup" somehow attatch to it or
does the valve washer just sit unattached at the ene of the bore?  Also, I
seem to have an leftover flat rubber washer in the rebuild kit with nowhere
to put it.  Does this washer get used on a different version but not my 1957
Convertable?  I also remember hearing some folk wisdom about modifying the
master cylinder (ie leaving some parts off) for front disc brake conversion.
Any suggestions?  Thanks for your help.  ---Bill Langdell, Sunnyvale
California   '57 Minor Convertable