Re: 65 +4

To: "morgan list" <morgans@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: 65 +4
From: "Bob Nogueira" <nogera@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 01:03:27 -0600
Dave
The screws are not holding the drums to the axle. Between the four big
screws are
two or four small screws or bolts ( I've seen both used ). These hold the
drum in place.
The Big screws you are referring to are in fact peened over and once removed
are all but impossible to get back in place. The hole in the drum for this
screws are the same size as the head of the screw and they are what keeps
the drum from spinning on the axle hub
( they are basically locating studs). The drums will pull off with these big
screws remaining in place.
Once the brake adjustment is fully backed off and the small screws ( bolts)
removed, the drums will usually come off with, at the very most, a small
amount of tapping .
.
I'm not sure if the Morgan drums are the same as the AH drums but I do know
that a Datsun 240z aluminum drums will fit and work with just a bit of
machine work.
Bob Nogueira