Re: Morgan 4/4 wiring harness source?

To: "Bates McLain" <sprayandclean@ns.gemlink.com>
Subject: Re: Morgan 4/4 wiring harness source?
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 20:35:08 -0500
At 07:58 PM 3/18/03 -0500, Bates McLain wrote:

>I am starting (or finishing I suppose) a total rebuild of a 1965 4/4. I
need a
>wiring harness to get started.  Who sells a good harness at a good price?
Also
>looking for a source for Super Sport seats.

Bates,

The best source for a wiring harness is:

 British Wiring                    Edwin & Lesley Cehelnik
     20449 Ithaca                      Very competative prices
     Olympia Fields, IL 60461
        (708) 481-9050

The supply a +4 harness with an addition for the 4/4s that goes across the
bar behind the radiator to handle the differences between the +4 and 4/4
generator locations.

The quality is excellent.  However, I do have an article on my Morgan
web page (www.team.net/www/morgan/tech) about the installation of their
harness for the 4/4s.  I opted to cut my harness and run it back through
the firewall and then back out the other side like the original one.  I
kind of wish I hadn't.  But this way it really looks factory.

John

          48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V
                       65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org