Re: plus 8 gearbox oil

To: "George Dow" <gdow@pylon8.freeserve.co.uk>, Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: plus 8 gearbox oil
From: "Brad Farr" <bradfarr@qwest.net>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 09:32:20 -0600
George Dow wrote:
> I understood that the box had a lube pump and that it
> was driven by input and not by output therefore when being towed that the
> pump would not be pumping..... Logical ?

That is my understanding, though I don't claim to be an expert. I'm sure
there are others on the list that are more knowledgeable.
Apparently, the damage occurs during the towing process, and not because
of lubricant loss and subsequent driving.

> Is it reasonable to lift and tow a Morgan +8  from the rear ?

Has anyone done this? It does seem easier than disconnecting the
driveshaft. I've never had to tow the Morgan, but with another car I
just requested a flatbed.
Brad

///
///