Canadian vision, chrome

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Canadian vision, chrome
From: "William Eastman" <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 10:29:45 -0600
In four years, I have had just one "fail to function" experience with my
MGA.  After driving all day from Fort Francis to Thunder Bay, Ontario,
the poor thing wouldn't start.  I had the lights on all day and had to
run the wipers about 10% of the time.  Luckily my (14 at the time)
daughter was with me so she could push while I started the car.  I still
have the same battery and have never had another problem.  I would
expect that I should adjust the voltage regulator but, given the fact
that it works OK most of the time, I haven't touched it.  With no radio
and the heater bypassed, I usually don't need a lot of electricity and
this suits Uncle Joe Lucas just fine.

On a mostly unrelated subject, I need to get some parts rechromed.  In
the US, environmental controls have driven the cost up and the quality
down.  How is Canada?  Thunder bay is a 5 or six hour drive for me.

Regards,
Bill

///
///