Re: RIP R&T (or what happened to Road&Track?)

To: mga <mga@napanet.net>, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RIP R&T (or what happened to Road&Track?)
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 04:41:13 -0700 (PDT)
I like Classic and Sports Car magazine, another
British mag. The ads are interesting as well, although
it took my a while to figure out that by 'lump', they
mean engine!!

Latest issue had a Rover V8 shoot-out - TR8, TVR and
Morgan +8...

--- mga <mga@napanet.net> wrote:
> Rick,
>
> I do read those magazines and I do like them a lot.
> Years ago, I was the US
> subscription agent for Practical Classics.  I agree,
> they are great
> magazines.  Funny thing is, the ads are actually
> interesting!
>
> Another great magazine is Sports Car Market which
> covers sports cars from an
> investment standpoint.  They report on auctions all
> over the world with
> photos of and descriptions of cars along with the
> selling (or not selling)
> price.  They really do a good job on it.
>
> I guess I feel nostalgic about the Road & Track that
> I remember and feel sad
> to see that it is essentially, gone.
>
> Don
>

> At 07:33 PM 09/17/2000 EDT, you wrote:
> >Dear Don,
> >Pick up a copy of Thoroughbred & Classic Cars and
> Classic Cars magazine, both
> >British monthlies, top notch, forget R & T, these
> magazines have your name on
> >it. You might also want to check out Practical
> Classics and Motor Sport
> >magazine.
> >You can get them thru subscription or at large book
> stores, like Barnes and
> >Noble, Books A Million, Borders Books, Walden Books
> etc.
> >Rick Rader

=====
Dan DiBiase
Dayton, NJ
76 MGB Tourer Driver - Brooklands Green
66 Pull-handle MGB Tourer Project - faded Tartan Red
NAMGBR #5-2328