Re: Gas tank removal

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Subject: Re: Gas tank removal
From: A Hart Jr <arthart@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 19:36:15 -0400
John,

I removed the gas tank from my '64 +4 without removing anything other
than the boards the tank was sitting on.  I slid the boards around after
removing the appropriate securing bolts and was able to remove them and
drop the tank out the bottom.  If I recall I was able to raise the tank
enough to slide one board under the other (there were two under my tank)
to get the boards out.  It's been a while so I may be forgetting little
problems I had removing some of the bolts, but the above was the basic
sequence.

I did give up on cleaning the tank, which was filthy and rusty inside,
despite looking just fine on the outside, and made a new one from
stainless steel.

Good luck,

Art Hart
'64 +4