Cream Steel Wheels

To: Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Cream Steel Wheels
From: JClax5817@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 12:37:05 EDT
Morgan Friends,

Does anyone know anything about the use of a standard cream color for +4
steel wheels circa 1956?

When my 1956+4 4-seater was pulled out of a barn to begin restoration 4 years
ago it had cream wheels that apparently were original. I could not detect
that they had ever been repainted.

The color looks the same as the wheels on the Kingfisher Blue 1956 Motor Show
Car shown in John Worrall's book "Original Morgan". I can only assume the
wheels on that car have the original color because my wheels are the same
color.

I contacted the factory about this color; they have no records about it.

I am at the point of painting my wheels.

Does anyone know anything about this topic?

Thanks,
Jack Claxton