Parts Search -- All Points Bulletin

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Parts Search -- All Points Bulletin
From: SDviewpnt@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 16:30:40 EDT
Hello All,

I'm looking for a laundry list of parts for the '56 Plus 4.  ASAP if
possible...

1)  This car has a fold down windscreen in poor shape.  I'm looking for a
complete frame and mounting pillars (uprights?) that can be re-glassed and
re-chromed that will offer a better result than what I have.  Individual
parts would be helpful, as well.

2)  Does anyone have a hood bow for this early, narrow body car?  I
understand that the later style bow will not work on this car even with
modification of the tube width.  I intend to replace the hood so the
replacement bow does not have to fit the existing hood.  Are there any
reference photos for review to see what my bow is supposed to look like?  I'm
interested in its appearance, mounting method to the body and how it stows in
the boot.

3)  The gearbox synchros are worn and the rear pin(?) detent stopper for
first gear is not functioning properly making a shift out of first
unreliable.  My shop has remedied this, making a shift stopper by adding a
washer assembly to the selector rod behind the fork.  We are about to
reinstall the box to test it but I'd like to explore making the box more
reliable while it's out of the car.  I know that my options are limited as
the synchros are part of the gears and these gear parts are not readily
available.  Looking for a new or good condition gear clusters or other
options.

Feel free to e-mail direct.

Thanks in advance,
Steve Dreiseszun