Re: Troubleshooter video!

To: "David P. Crandall" <davidc@netwrk.org>,
Subject: Re: Troubleshooter video!
From: "Colin Cobb " <cobmeister@zianet.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 22:29:23 -0600
Hey David,

I received my video on Monday in time for Independence Day viewing. Many
thanks for all your work on this project!

I very much enjoyed the video though I admit to exercising my God-given
right to press the fast forward button during some of the management
discussion yada-yada... My but those Brits really do slice and dice the
National Health, don't they?

And the Troublemaker... errrr... "Shooter!"... Himself was about as
obnoxious as they come, he must have taken lessons somewhere or other, the
other side of the channel most likely. I really thought Peter and Charles
Morgan were most gentlemanly not to just slap the smirk right off his round
little face!

The 1989 Works footage was really fascinatin', just like I remember the
factory in '95 except that in the video the workers were moving a good bit
faster than they moved in real life. Anyone contemplating a visit to the
Works would enjoy viewing this footage, much better than in the other Morgan
videos I've seen.

But the real shocker was the 1989 footage! There really have been changes
made in the Works and the work flow. I am really impressed! And, of course,
this justifies another trip to Blighty and another visit to the Works...

The last few minutes of the tape with the footage of the Aero was by itself
easily worth the price of admission. To my eye and my mind, the car gives a
totally different impression when it is in motion. It is really quite a good
looking car, very 1930's, very today, and very much a Morgan... an
impressive accomplishment! Even the "crossed eyes" are much less obtrusive
on the moving car. It is definitely a car to lust after. (I still think it
needs louvers, though.)

I do wish the video had spent a little more time with the Aero, going over
features and so forth, but that is not the story they were telling.

Thanks again and Cheers!

--Colin Cobb, Las Cruces, NM, USA
'41 Chevrolet Coupe, '65 Sunbeam Tiger, '66 Morgan Plus Four (still at the
paint shop!), '89 Alfa Romeo Spider