Re: A few more Questions

To: "john manning" <jlm10@freewwweb.com>, <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: A few more Questions
From: smithmog@ix.netcom.com
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 21:04:01 -0000
John-  Lots of variables on the oil issue (recently rebuilt? Use a good
multiweight 10/40 somesuch. Never been apart? I'd agree with the straight
30w recommendation, although my old Triumphs seemed to thrive on Castrol
20/50) I have found that the synthethics leak in every car I've ever used
them in (3 cars before I figured this out...)
    Best hammer? I like the 3 or 5 lb. hard plastic coated "dead-blow"
hammer available from a variety of places (Sears, Harbor freight, etc.)
Thses are neat- they have a sliding weight in the head and deliver a pretty
good wallop without trashing the knockoffs.I like the idea of that long
wrench like Moss sells, but don't know where I'd stash it in the car.
                -Jeff Smith
                1968 4/4