Re: Fw: Fowarded: Gasoline Boycott - please forward to all/Ch Harris

To: kithildreth@hotmail.com, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: Fowarded: Gasoline Boycott - please forward to all/Ch Harris
From: CHarris990@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 14:04:13 EST
In a message dated 3/8/00 11:27:05 AM Central Standard Time,
kithildreth@hotmail.com writes:

<< Careful lads & lasses, you're falling into the trap. This way, they get
you
 of the roads without provoking a long-overdue revolution: with gun AND car
 control we're helpless and trapped!
 ******
 "Sorry, but this 'no gas for three days' thing really doesn't do any
 good. What really needs to happen is no DRIVING for 3 days. That's the
 way to decrease consumption and send a message - for those that believe this
 is sending a message."
 ***
 All one has to do is buy just enough gas for your trip and keep the tank
 nearly empty - should drive the AAA boys nuts too!
 ******
 "Frankly, I'm excited about the potential for
   a slow-down in SUV sales. Maybe this will convince the majority of SUV"
 ******
 "SUV" is a misnomer in every respect. they're "PHT"'s - People Haulage
 Trucks. They promote that feeling of invincibility - particularly amongst
 the "Soccer Mom" crowd, which when coupled to the usual low-level driving
 skills clog the roads, one's vision and cause accidents/road rage. So do as
 I do: see a woman in a PHT packed with offspring and take evasive action.
 That way, you can at least see the road ahead instead of a PHT's backside -
 or up it's skirts! Alternatively drive 'em nuts by continually weaving
 swiftly from side to side; usually speeds 'em up or gets them out of your
 way once they've FINALLY looked in their rear-view mirror. Usually takes 3-4
 minutes though - they're invincible y'see! They OWN the road, dontcha know!
 Pissed off Mogger >>
Dear friends,
Please do not whine.  The fact is that the present administration has
destroyed our oil industry, probably for campaign contributions, thus if the
middle eastern nations and Mexico (i.e., OPEC) wish to do anything as a
monopoly, there is no
American source of oil to compete.  The areas where oil is available has been
removed from development and we are at the mercy of OPEC.  More later....
Harris
Matilda today got 34.35 MPG.  Cheers