Re: new Mog

To: "morgans@autox.team.net" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: new Mog
From: "Michael D. Miles, PE" <mdmiles@home.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 19:13:07 -0800
My tuppence on the topic:

Looks like its almost ready to race as is.  'Aero' is certainly an apt
designator with respect to prior Morgans.

Anyone remember the Brabham BT-34?

The structural frame should do well to provide an enormous amount of
chassis rigidity wihtout any weight penalty.

The headlights aren't my favorite (too bad regulations preclude
arranging them like the 1957 Talbot Lago T-150 Figoni et Falaschi - a
personal favorite of mine).

Interesting tail treatment, reminiscent of the XK-120 and perhaps the
TR-2, 3.  Not objectionable in this viewers mind but definitely
different.

A flat windscreen? Some things NEVER change (although the practicality
of it is enormous of course).

I'm kind of surprised the hinge blocks aren't faired in with the Aero
theme (didn't Morris do that with the Minor and Mini quite some time
ago?).

Altogether, I think I could grow to love it as a new branch on the
tree.

--
"Entropy Happens!"
Michael D. Miles, PE  Consulting Design Engineer