Re: A brake story

To: <BradFarr@aol.com>, <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: A brake story
From: "Lannis" <ottoflick@netzero.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 20:47:26 -0500
Brad -

If your discs were in fact a dull red, you were real close to setting
something on fire, probably the wheel bearing grease first.  I rode in a
Camaro once where the front brakes tightened up, and the guy kept driving
it....I jumped out at a light to look at the brakes, the discs of which were
glowing a dull red (at night).  We took off, and about 1/4 mile later, I
could see the reflection of something flickering on the side of the road;
the hub was on fire.  He stopped, we threw some dirt on it, and it went out
without damaging paint or anything.   It went home on a roll-body truck
after that.

Sounds like you got away with it, but I wouldn't get them THAT hot again....

Lannis