RE: Body/rear axle alignment - 70 Plus 8

To: "'Werner Pels'" <wernerpels@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Body/rear axle alignment - 70 Plus 8
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 20:28:57 -0500
Werner,

I'm with you on that one.  What scares me is that one may never know if the
misalignment of your car is the result of an accident or typical of a
hand-built car.  Some years ago, I wrote the Morgan Works inquiring about a
new top (hood) for my 1952 +4 and was told that they could not provide me
with one that was guaranteed to fit!  That tells me something.

 don't have a solution to your problem but it would be interesting to see if
this sort of misalignment is more the rule than the exception and if it is a
function of when the cars were built.

Chuck Vandergraaf
Pinawa, MB